Thanks to Diego, at Lazy Sunday Movies Blog, I am now obligated to answer some questions. Which, as much as it sounds like I’m dragging my feet, I’m (not so secretly) enjoying it. This might come from my preteen/teenage years of answering magazine quizzes just because they were there. PS. This took me several days to write, starting, stopping. Mostly it was the coming up with 11 questions that I got stuck at. PPS. You can tell the rules to STICK IT if you want to.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions
- Make 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers you enjoy and think deserve the award
So, let’s dive right in!
- How would you explain the color blue to a blind person?
The feeling of air on your fingertips on a warm day/the taste of Mountain Berry Blast Powerade/being in a melancholic state of mind.
- If you could recast the MCU, who would you put where?
To be honest, the sheer amount of characters in the MCU [Marvel Cinema Universe] is overwhelming. I can’t imagine changing any actors/actresses.
- What’s a scene from a movie that made you cry the most?
Way to make me relive some awful times. Kidding/not kidding. The scene in My Girl. You know the one. Where Vada’s at the funeral and is grieving and is all “Where’s his glasses? He can’t see without his glasses!” God, I’m getting all emotional just thinking about it.
- Hit me with the best joke you’ve heard.
I’m going to share the best one I’ve heard lately.
Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: “Does this taste funny to you?”
- Halloween is my favorite holiday. What are you guys dressing up this year?
Well, my husband and I were originally going to be Turbokid and Apple [via the movie Turbokid] but I don’t think we’ll have time to acquire such costumes so instead he’ll be Buttercup and I’ll be Westley, from the Princess Bride. After being Daryl Dixon and Rick Grimes from Walking Dead last year, we thought, to top that, we’ll be genderswapped characters. Mostly I think we’re both excited to just wear simple/comfortable costumes.
- What’s the best ad you’ve ever seen? (I’m intrigued)
Melbourne’s Metro Trains PSA about train safety! It’s a dark humor song with seriously cute/gruesome animations set to a song called “Dumb Ways to Die” Dumb Ways To Die
- I’m running out of TV shows to watch, whatcha got?
If you’re not already watching Scream Queens, get out. It is both a dark comedy mixed with homages to classic horror/scary/suspense films.
- If you could talk to your 13 year old self, what would you say?
I know it’s hard, but start sticking up for yourself! You are worth it. Remember, be kind but take no shit!
- What’s a film that changed your perspective on life/the world?
Garden State (2004)
- If money wasn’t a problem (wages and stuff), what job would you wanna do?
Librarian – to help others find books for money sounds wonderful. Whether it’s research, for a book report, or just for funsies, I want more people to read!
- Tips and advice for new bloggers out there? (Speech, speech, speech)
Okay so I think the best thing to figure out first is whether you’re blogging for fun or for money. Some people want to make careers out of it and others just want to write. Whether you’re blogging for fun or money, it’s good to set up some sort of schedule/goal. And then, I wish I had done this when I started, try and create the first month’s worth of content before launching. But most importantly, have fun. It’s your words, your blog, your creativity. Write about what makes you excited — happy excited, angry excited, geeked out excited — anything!
ALRIGHT! So… this is the part where I nominate 11 bloggers to answer the following questions. I’m doing this to break up the routine of your regularly blogging schedule.
Now, the questions/commands *sinister laugh*
- What is one of your favorite movie soundtracks?
- Name your first celebrity crush. Don’t be embarrassed. I was in love with Jonathon Taylor Thomas and Zac Hanson. So you know… there’s that.
- If, money was no issue, where would you travel right now?
- I love natural disaster movies. Which one is your favorite? And if you don’t like any, why?
- If you could make any burger from Season 1 of Bob’s Burgers, what would it be? Helpful link: Bob’s Burger of the Day
- What is one of your favorite tv show theme songs? Link it!
- If your life movie occurred in a post-apocalyptic world, what caused the apocalypse?
- Strong female leads rock! Which one is your favorite [and why]?
- Name a villain you are [not so strangely] attracted to. I’ll go first. Negan from Walking Dead.
- What are your 7 current favorite songs? The ones that you can listen to on repeat for hours.
- You’re a part of a [fictional] gang of misfits that does bad things for good. Who are your companions and what are their roles? Use fictional characters because chances are, I probably won’t know the same IRL people you do. [Bonus – What is your role?]